Central Station Apartments
Central Station Apartments, opened in 1999, offers 23 one- and two-bedroom apartments specifically designed for wheelchair accessibility. Located in Gresham adjacent to the Central MAX light rail stop just north of downtown Gresham, Central Station has easy access to all of metro Portland.
Central Station features:
- 23 fully accessible apartments (16 one-bedroom units at 540 sq.ft., 6 two-bedroom units at 795 sq.ft.) plus an on-site manager’s unit
- barrier-free roll-in showers and closets, full kitchens with accessible appliances, adjustable countertops and wide doorways
- 24/7 resident-directed shared attendant care services available
- safe, secure building access with automated roll-up entry
- a common room with accessible kitchen for resident use, group activities or meetings
- automatic doors open to an outdoor patio with gas BBQ grill
- modern, updated systems for climate control, fire protection and security
- off-street parking for resident vehicles
- computer work stations in the common room
- close proximity to shopping, services and accessible transportation
All of QUAD Inc.‘s buildings offer HUD Section 8 subsidies for low-income applicants, making rents very affordable at 30% of a resident’s monthly income. Tenants who live solely on SSI of approximately $675.00 per month generally pay about $150.00 per month in rent.